Courtesy of Michael McGrail
We are so fortunate to reside in Austin. In the past year, even while in a recession, many accolades for our wonderful and unique city continue. The following is just a partial list of the recognition that Austin has received:
* MSN Travel Austin is one of the “15 Coolest North American Cities” list. (January 2009)
* Forbes placed Austin in it’s yearly “America’s 25 Strongest Housing Markets” list. (January 2009)
* MSNBC.com cited Austin #8 as one of the “Top 10 Places To Live In The U.S.” list. (January 2009)
* Texas Workforce Commission, Austin will see a 24.4% increase in employment between 2006 and 2016. (January 2009)
* Austin ranks #8 on Forbes’ “Best Place for Businesses and Careers” list.
* Forbes.com placed Austin on it’s “Best Big Cities For Jobs” list. (April 2009)
* NewGeography.com ranked Austin #1 on it’s “Best Cities For Job Growth” list. (April 2009)
* With over 54,000 high-tech workers, Austin ranks seventh on the “Nation’s Biggest Tech Cities” list from Bizjournals.com. (May 2009)
* According to Bizjournals.com, Austin is expected to be the 5th fastest growing city from 2005-2025.
* US News ranked Austin #3 for the Best Places To Live. (June 2009)
* On Forbes’ recent “Best and Worst Cities for Recession Recovery” list, Austin was ranked #1 for the best performing city during the recession (June 2009)
And this year Austin and Central Texas were featured in the March 29, 2010 Time Magazine cover story on “Jobs: Where they are and how to find them.” as a place where innovation is driving job creation.