Submit a written comment online, or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Written comments may also be submitted in person at the Public Scoping Meetings or by mail to Urban Rail Project, Austin Transportation Department, P.O. Box 1088, Austin, Texas 78767. Comments should be postmarked before April 29, 2011 to be included in the public record.
The Federal Transit Administration and the City of Austin have officially begun the process of preparing an environmental impact statement (EIS) for the city’s proposed Urban Rail system, including scheduling a series of meetings in April for the public to learn about and comment on the proposed Central Austin transit system.
Public Scoping and Outreach Meetings, April 4-9, 2011
FTA and City of Austin Public Scoping Meetings
· April 4, 2011 from 2-5 p.m., Austin Convention Center, 500 E.Cesar Chavez St.
· April 6, 2011 from 5-8 p.m., SEDL @ Mueller, 4700 Mueller Blvd.
City of Austin Urban Rail Open House Meetings
· April 7, 2011 from 11 a.m.-2 p.m., AT&T Center @ UT, 1900 University Ave.
· April 7, 2011 from 5-8 p.m., Carver Museum, 1165 Angelina St.
· April 9, 2011 from 11 a.m.-2 p.m., Ruiz Branch Library, 1600 Grove Blvd.
Learn more at AustinUrbanRail.com or call the Urban Rail information line at (512) 974-2503.